Saturday, March 05, 2005

Intellectual Pursutes And Boredom

As someone who took courses at college in Neuroscience (neurophysilology, psychology, neurotoxicology, neuropharmacology, etc.) I always find it extremely fascinating to study the workings of the human mind. In general I can keep a distance from my subjects and analyse them with vigor, but unfortunately with the Wench Mum this is not the case... however on close examination/analysis she is probably one of the most fascinating subjects that a biomedical scientist can come across.

Take for instance somethinig as simple as one's "thought process". The Wench Mum is unable to string a bunch of sentences together that is coherient to most.

"Oh the pollen levels are high today, and Belle go and eat your food, DWR what time is your brother coming around for dinner, can you put the kettle on for me, love? Make sure my mug is warm, I don't like cold, hot drinks. So what was your boyfriend's name again?" Not only is her ability to switch from one topic to another is admirable, but also her ability to switch to the next tangent is unmatchable. Yes, that is the Wench Mum.

If I were to place a CCTV and recorded this conversation from a different angle I would have seen the Wench Mum wiggling in front of the weather report on TV, her eyes gazing over to Belle who was not eating her food, which reminded her that my brother, Bwana K, was going to be round for dinner so maybe she can ask him to pack a few cans in his new Range Rover. The woman's thought pattern orginiates from what she sees, and how she reacts to it emotionally, or to plan according to the neuronal imputs, all of which is highly vocalised. If I went around verbalising my actions, plans, and wishes (esp. to inanimate objects) this sort of action usually warrents a visit by the men in white coats...

Was she anything like me at my age? Or am I worse than her at my age? If that is what I will be turning into in 28 years time I would need to take myself to Holland for a one-way ticket to Shangri-La.

Can someone remove her genes from me?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?